I’d like to thank Gloria Mc Breen of We Are Holistic (Blog) for nominating me for this esteemed Blogging Award!
I started blogging in August of 2013 while I was travelling in Peru. Gloria was one of the first people to ‘follow’ my blog.
In recent years we discovered each other in other social networks. Gloria has since reviewed my first published book (poetry) on her blog and has also purchased my art work for her home.
I am honoured that she has now included me for this Liebster Award.
Visit Gloria’s We Are Holistic Blog when you are finished here.
AS PART OF MY LIEBSTER AWARD ACCEPTANCE I AGREED TO ANSWER MY NOMINATORS QUESTIONS
1. When are you at your happiest?
I’m at my happiest when I am on an adventure, revelling in the experience of new cultures and the freedom of wide open spaces and wilderness. I’m at my second happiest when sharing those experiences with others through my writing and other art forms, especially through song.
2. If you were to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, whose would it be?
I’d be interested to walk a mile in the shoes of one of our international space stations astronauts. I imagine that seeing our planet from a distance, would significantly boost my awareness and desire to improve life on earth. Alternatively, I would be interested to walk in the path of a Sadhu priest in India.
3. What’s usually the first thing to pop into your mind when you wake up each morning?
Waking up in morning, I like to listen to the birds for a while. As I love my work, I am usually excited about the opportunity to create and connect with others.
4. What’s your biggest regret in life? If any!
I think regret is a waste of time. I say with compassion, ‘I could not have learned any faster, the things I needed to understand in order to overcome the impact of negative experiences in my life’.
5. If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you like to be and why?
I’d love to be a humming-bird living in the tropics. I saw one once, before my eyes, in Peru, and it was magical.
6. What’s your favourite smell and why?
I love the smell of the earth after heavy rain. It just feels good and reminds me that I am part of that same earth. I also love the smell of freshly ground coffee the warm cotton air of laundrettes and the salt water effects of ocean connecting with rocks.
7. Are you a slow writer or can you whip up a good post in a couple of hours?
I’m an agitated writer. I sometimes feel that I am being instructed to write and I don’t rest until it’s done. Often I cannot get the words out fast enough. It’s a wonderful feeling to communicate creativity.
8. What household chore do you hate doing most? Or is there one you actually enjoy?
It’s probably the one I do the least, cleaning windows.
9. What colour dominates your wardrobe?
I go through colour phases. Purple has been completed and I think I’ve entered the amber phase but turquoise is a constant and naturally it is linked with throat/communications chakra.
10. What’s your laugh type? Quiet & Polite, loud & boisterous, more of a chuckle, or a musical ha ha ha ha?
I’m the musical laugh for sure. In the past my laugh was loud and suggestive. I’ve since changed my ways towards being truer to myself. I have more appreciation for creativity and knowledge now and nothing to prove to anyone except myself.
11. Are you a romantic?
Through to my blood and bones and all my atoms and quarks, I am seriously and fantastically romantic!
ABOUT LIEBSTER AWARD:
The Liebster award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The idea is to welcome new bloggers into the blogging world and help them to get noticed. However, it seems that anyone, established or starting, out can be nominated.
The word “liebster” originates from Germany and has several meanings:
welcome, sweetest, pleasant, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, valued, cute, kindest and endearing
The blogger who nominates you asks 11 questions of their choice. In return you nominate 5-11 bloggers with your own 11 questions.
There is no obligation to accept, but since it’s nice to be asked, it’s nice to keep it going.
THE RULES OF LIEBSTER AWARD:
I’ve found that the rules vary slightly but they’re all similar!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
- Nominate 5-11 people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
- List these rules in your post.
- And most importantly……. Have fun!
It is my pleasure to nominate the following bloggers for Liebster Award:
Sarah Vernon – First Night Design
Janet Weight Reed – My Life as an Artist
Pat O’Carroll – Art In Many Forms
Deborah Byrne – DB Psychology
Krystal Long – Krystal’s Journal
Brenda Bergin – Digigran Biz
Miriam Mc Guirk – Miriams Blog
Kerry Manning – Fabulicious Fifty
Caroline’s 11 Questions to nominated bloggers:
- What inspired you to start your very first blog?
- If you could live in another country where would you live and why?
- What historical or living female (non-relative) has inspired you (same question to male and female bloggers) ?
- What was the scariest experience you ever had?
- If you are a coffee, tea or red wine drinker what country origin of any of these do you prefer and why ?
- Did you ever own a goldfish and have you a funny story to share about that goldfish?
- What is your favourite fairytale and why?
- Who is your favourite visual artist and why?
- What is your favourite romantic song in terms of lyrics?
- What life achievement are you most proud of so far?
- If you won one million in the lotto tomorrow what one purchased gift would you give yourself (not charity)?
Thank you again to Gloria Mc Breen for this award – We Are Holistic Blog
Thank you for reading!
What answers would you give to my questions to award nominees?
Books by Caroline Cunningham (Indie Author):
Free eBook – Preparing for Calm